This is the umbrella task for including MyRocks Storage Engine from https://github.com/facebook/mysql-5.6 ("FB tree") into MariaDB.
MDEV-10965: Add MyRocks into MariaDB repository
See MDEV-10966 - Packaging for MariaRocks
A list of changes in the FB tree that touch the SQL layer (based on git log output):
65501b5 Disable unique checks when replica is lagging
dd7eeae Issue#250: MyRocks/Innodb different output from query with order ...
f0a2ded Per database uuid
9b439ee Add option to exclude tables from gap lock check
5bcb50c Per database uuid
e9ef099 Improve code style for classes RDBSE_TABLE_DEF and RDBSE_KEYDEF
5a82f20 Add gcc function attributes to MyRocks code with a sprinkle of assertions
6078c85 Preventing to write "Got error 122.." to err log on Gap Lock errors
782cc5a Optionally block/log queries relying on Gap Locks
c2dbe68 Add lock information to lock timeout error message
c1f1f0b Issue #108: Index-only scans do not work for partitioned tables and extended keys
3c0802f Improve singled thread replication performance
55622f1 Issue #75: Prefix bloom filter is not used for LinkBench style range scan
ee00797 Compile rocksdb library with mysql compiler settings
8098b78 Add support for reporting keys/deletes skipped in the extra slow query log
bcd7646 Supporting START TRANSACTION WITH CONSISTENT [ROCKSDB] SNAPSHOT
ff91c80 Crash safe slave and master in RocksDB
- also check if da1d92fd (set_end_range) is ported from mysql-5.6 because MyRocks' bloom prefix filter uses that.
- MariaDB has just got NO_PAD collations:
MDEV-9711. MyRocks actually had NO_PAD behaviour for PAD collations, and this was a bug
https://github.com/facebook/mysql-5.6/issues/257. MyRocks will have to provide PAD/NO_PAD behaviour, accordingly to what charset is used.
- rdb_perf_context.cc uses my_io_perf_sum_atomic_helper() the function is not in MySQL or MariaDB, it comes from bc4145e7
- MDEV-10975: Merging of @@rocksdb_skip_unique_check
- MDEV-10976: Port MyRocks' Read Free Replication to MariaRocks
MyRocks (actually, RocksDB and MyRocks together) need support for high-priority transactions to get MariaDB's optimistic Parallel Replication to work.
- mysql-test-run should not require any additional parameters when running MyRocks tests.
- packaging for myrocks_hotbackup
- Do we include MyRocks' RQG tests? It has some MTR tests which actually just run the bundled RQG with a special grammar.
- TODO what is missing?