Uploaded image for project: 'MariaDB Server'
  1. MariaDB Server
  2. MDEV-28710

Replication broken after upgrading to 10.7.4

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    Description

      First we updated MariaDB instance on Windows Server to 10.7.4. For about a week it ran smoothly. Then we upgrade CentOS instance to 10.7.4 and shortly after Windows instance crashed. Every `START SLAVE` on Windows instance leads to a crash. We tried to reset Windows instance with mariadb-init-db and restoring the whole database with a fresh dump. But as soon as the replication starts, the instance crashes with the following error:

      2022-05-31 05:23:12 0x6930  InnoDB: Assertion failure in file D:\winx64-packages\build\src\storage\innobase\row\row0ins.cc line 220
      InnoDB: Failing assertion: !cursor->index->is_committed()
      InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
      InnoDB: Submit a detailed bug report to https://jira.mariadb.org/
      InnoDB: If you get repeated assertion failures or crashes, even
      InnoDB: immediately after the mariadbd startup, there may be
      InnoDB: corruption in the InnoDB tablespace. Please refer to
      InnoDB: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/innodb-recovery-modes/
      InnoDB: about forcing recovery.
      220531  5:23:12 [ERROR] mysqld got exception 0x80000003 ;
      This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
      or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
      or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
       
      To report this bug, see https://mariadb.com/kb/en/reporting-bugs
       
      We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
      diagnose the problem, but since we have already crashed, 
      something is definitely wrong and this may fail.
       
      Server version: 10.7.4-MariaDB-log
      key_buffer_size=1073741824
      read_buffer_size=131072
      max_used_connections=1
      max_threads=2050
      thread_count=5
      It is possible that mysqld could use up to 
      key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_threads = 5554373 K  bytes of memory
      Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.
       
      Thread pointer: 0x28c6d39d238
      Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
      where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
      terribly wrong...
      server.dll!my_parameter_handler()[my_init.c:289]
      ucrtbase.dll!raise()
      ucrtbase.dll!abort()
      server.dll!ut_dbg_assertion_failed()[ut0dbg.cc:60]
      server.dll!row_ins_sec_index_entry_low()[row0ins.cc:3021]
      server.dll!row_ins_sec_index_entry()[row0ins.cc:3232]
      server.dll!row_upd_sec_index_entry()[row0upd.cc:2070]
      server.dll!row_upd()[row0upd.cc:2820]
      server.dll!row_upd_step()[row0upd.cc:2938]
      server.dll!row_update_for_mysql()[row0mysql.cc:1702]
      server.dll!ha_innobase::update_row()[ha_innodb.cc:8636]
      server.dll!handler::ha_update_row()[handler.cc:7599]
      server.dll!Update_rows_log_event::do_exec_row()[log_event_server.cc:8438]
      server.dll!Rows_log_event::do_apply_event()[log_event_server.cc:5728]
      server.dll!apply_event_and_update_pos_apply()[slave.cc:3881]
      server.dll!exec_relay_log_event()[slave.cc:4370]
      server.dll!handle_slave_sql()[slave.cc:5551]
      server.dll!pfs_spawn_thread()[pfs.cc:2204]
      server.dll!pthread_start()[my_winthread.c:62]
      ucrtbase.dll!_o_exp()
      KERNEL32.DLL!BaseThreadInitThunk()
      ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart()
       
      Trying to get some variables.
      Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort.
      Query (0x0): 
      Connection ID (thread ID): 7
      Status: NOT_KILLED
       
      Optimizer switch: index_merge=on,index_merge_union=on,index_merge_sort_union=on,index_merge_intersection=on,index_merge_sort_intersection=off,engine_condition_pushdown=off,index_condition_pushdown=on,derived_merge=on,derived_with_keys=on,firstmatch=on,loosescan=on,materialization=on,in_to_exists=on,semijoin=on,partial_match_rowid_merge=on,partial_match_table_scan=on,subquery_cache=on,mrr=off,mrr_cost_based=off,mrr_sort_keys=off,outer_join_with_cache=on,semijoin_with_cache=on,join_cache_incremental=on,join_cache_hashed=on,join_cache_bka=on,optimize_join_buffer_size=on,table_elimination=on,extended_keys=on,exists_to_in=on,orderby_uses_equalities=on,condition_pushdown_for_derived=on,split_materialized=on,condition_pushdown_for_subquery=on,rowid_filter=on,condition_pushdown_from_having=on,not_null_range_scan=off
       
      The manual page at https://mariadb.com/kb/en/how-to-produce-a-full-stack-trace-for-mysqld/ contains
      information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.
      

      Attachments

        Issue Links

          Activity

            People

              nikitamalyavin Nikita Malyavin
              c_denis_bh Denis Chernyaev
              Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              4 Start watching this issue

              Dates

                Created:
                Updated:

                Git Integration

                  Error rendering 'com.xiplink.jira.git.jira_git_plugin:git-issue-webpanel'. Please contact your Jira administrators.