Uploaded image for project: 'MariaDB Server'
  1. MariaDB Server
  2. MDEV-21629

MythTV query causes MariaDB crash

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

      Description

      I'm using MythTV... it consistently fails with this query;

      2020-02-01 11:56:26.486022 W  LoadFromProgram(): SQL contains LIMIT clause, caller should be updated to use limit parameter instead
      QMYSQLResult::cleanup: unable to free statement handle
      2020-02-01 11:56:28.990474 E  DB Error (LoadByTemplate):
      Query was:
      SELECT recordid, category,        (category = ?) AS catmatch,        (category = ?) AS typematch FROM record WHERE type = ? AND       (category = ? OR category = ?        OR category = 'Default') ORDER BY catmatch DESC, typematch DESC
      Bindings were:
      :CAT1="", :CAT2="", :CATTYPE1="", :CATTYPE2="", :TEMPLATE=11
      Driver error was [2/2006]:
      QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
      Database error was:
      MySQL server has gone away
      

      mariadb.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV

      I look at the sudo journalctl -xe

      I see this consistently in one of the threads every time this problem occurs:

      Stack trace of thread 1009:
       #0  0x00005623efa724ee _Z7sortcmpPK6StringS1_PK15charset_info_st (mysqld + 0x7004ee)
       #1  0x00005623efb2fa37 _ZNK26Type_handler_string_result13Item_const_eqEPK10Item_constS2_b (mysqld + 0x7bd>
       #2  0x00005623efc136a2 _ZN4Item15eq_by_collationEPS_bPK15charset_info_st (mysqld + 0x8a16a2)
       #3  0x00005623efa199a9 _ZN9Item_cond14add_key_fieldsEP4JOINPP9KEY_FIELDPjyPP14SARGABLE_PARAM (mysqld + 0x>
       #4  0x00005623efa196ea _ZN13Item_cond_and14add_key_fieldsEP4JOINPP9KEY_FIELDPjyPP14SARGABLE_PARAM (mysqld>
       #5  0x00005623efa1a8cb n/a (mysqld + 0x6a88cb)
       #6  0x00005623efa4aeb4 _ZN4JOIN14optimize_innerEv (mysqld + 0x6d8eb4)
       #7  0x00005623efa4cef4 _ZN4JOIN8optimizeEv (mysqld + 0x6daef4)
       #8  0x00005623efa4d094 _Z12mysql_selectP3THDP10TABLE_LISTjR4ListI4ItemEPS4_jP8st_orderS9_S7_S9_yP13select>
       #9  0x00005623efa4dbb4 _Z13handle_selectP3THDP3LEXP13select_resultm (mysqld + 0x6dbbb4)
       #10 0x00005623ef9de93c n/a (mysqld + 0x66c93c)
       #11 0x00005623ef9edf96 _Z21mysql_execute_commandP3THD (mysqld + 0x67bf96)
       #12 0x00005623efa03ce0 _ZN18Prepared_statement7executeEP6Stringb (mysqld + 0x691ce0)
       #13 0x00005623efa03e94 _ZN18Prepared_statement12execute_loopEP6StringbPhS2_ (mysqld + 0x691e94)
       #14 0x00005623efa04a7e n/a (mysqld + 0x692a7e)
       #15 0x00005623efa04b22 _Z19mysqld_stmt_executeP3THDPcj (mysqld + 0x692b22)
       #16 0x00005623ef9f221b _Z16dispatch_command19enum_server_commandP3THDPcjbb (mysqld + 0x68021b)
       #17 0x00005623ef9f5021 _Z10do_commandP3THD (mysqld + 0x683021)
       #18 0x00005623efad9296 _Z24do_handle_one_connectionP7CONNECT (mysqld + 0x767296)
       #19 0x00005623efad93d3 handle_one_connection (mysqld + 0x7673d3)
       #20 0x00007fa0850d64cf start_thread (libpthread.so.0 + 0x94cf)
       #21 0x00007fa0848ac2d3 __clone (libc.so.6 + 0xff2d3)
      

      Any idea what is going on in this stack?

      I've tried re-installing maria db... I've tried wiping the database and recreating it.

        Attachments

        1. dump.txt
          60 kB
        2. md_m_global.txt
          18 kB
        3. md_m_index.txt
          0.8 kB
        4. md_m_table.txt
          3 kB
        5. client.cnf
          0.3 kB
        6. my.cnf
          0.2 kB
        7. mysql-clients.cnf
          0.2 kB
        8. server.cnf
          1 kB

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              Assignee:
              bar Alexander Barkov
              Reporter:
              tmsimont Trevor Simonton
              Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              4 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: