As of Columnstore(MCS) 6.2.2 there is no way to compile the codebase on MacOS. The goal of this project is to be able to compile/run MariaDB + basic(maybe rudimentary) MCS.
There are number of known issues that prevents MCS compilation on MacOS:
- a number of offending preprocessor macroses/definitions
- MacOS doesn't provide syslog used by MCS as the only log messages sink
The planned phases for the project will be:
- get familiar with the code base, compilation and bootstrap process . Fix the bootstrap script if needed.
- find/implement the logging sink replacement for syslog (implement a plug-in logging class replacement)
- research/solve future compilation/bootstrap issues
1. Here is the automated bootstrap script.
Plz get in touch either here or in MariaDB Zulip chat