Uploaded image for project: 'MariaDB ColumnStore'
  1. MariaDB ColumnStore
  2. MCOL-454

columnstore_info's total_usage() and table_usage() reported 0 usage on multi-node configuration

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.0.6
    • Fix Version/s: 1.0.7
    • Component/s: advanced tools
    • Labels:
      None
    • Sprint:
      2016-24, 2016-25, 2017-01, 2017-2

      Description

      Build tested: 1.0.6-1

      mcsadmin> getsoft
      getsoftwareinfo Thu Dec 8 15:32:44 2016

      Name : mariadb-columnstore-platform
      Version : 1.0.6
      Release : 1
      Architecture: x86_64
      Install Date: Thu 08 Dec 2016 03:21:18 PM UTC
      Group : Applications/Databases
      Size : 10017001
      License : Copyright (c) 2016 MariaDB Corporation Ab., all rights reserved; redistributable under the terms of the GPL, see the file COPYING for details.
      Signature : (none)
      Source RPM : mariadb-columnstore-platform-1.0.6-1.src.rpm
      Build Date : Wed 07 Dec 2016 07:08:09 PM UTC

      I noticed the issue yesterday. Today I did more testing starting with brand new installations and found that the issue occurs on multi-node installations. That makes me wonder if the info used for the report is actually on the PM1. It works for single installation because both UM and PM functionalities are on the same server.

      On 1UM2PM installation (It was on 1UM4PM yesterday)

      MariaDB [columnstore_info]> call total_usage();
      ---------------------------------+

      TOTAL_DATA_SIZE TOTAL_DISK_USAGE

      ---------------------------------+

      1.03 GB 0 Bytes

      ---------------------------------+
      1 row in set (0.02 sec)

      Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)

      MariaDB [columnstore_info]> call table_usage(NULL,NULL);
      -----------------------------------------------------------------

      TABLE_SCHEMA TABLE_NAME DATA_DISK_USAGE DICT_DISK_USAGE TOTAL_USAGE

      -----------------------------------------------------------------

      mytest orders 0 Bytes 0.00 Bytes 0 Bytes
      tpch1c customer 0 Bytes 0.00 Bytes 0 Bytes
      tpch1c lineitem 0 Bytes 0.00 Bytes 0 Bytes
      tpch1c nation 0 Bytes 0.00 Bytes 0 Bytes
      tpch1c orders 0 Bytes 0.00 Bytes 0 Bytes
      tpch1c part 0 Bytes 0.00 Bytes 0 Bytes
      tpch1c partsupp 0 Bytes 0.00 Bytes 0 Bytes
      tpch1c region 0 Bytes 0.00 Bytes 0 Bytes
      tpch1c supplier 0 Bytes 0.00 Bytes 0 Bytes

      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      9 rows in set (0.31 sec)

      Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.31 sec)

      It works on a single node installation

      MariaDB [columnstore_info]> call total_usage();
      ---------------------------------+

      TOTAL_DATA_SIZE TOTAL_DISK_USAGE

      ---------------------------------+

      4.78 GB 2.84 GB

      ---------------------------------+
      1 row in set (0.07 sec)

      Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.07 sec)

      MariaDB [columnstore_info]> call table_usage(NULL,NULL);
      -----------------------------------------------------------------

      TABLE_SCHEMA TABLE_NAME DATA_DISK_USAGE DICT_DISK_USAGE TOTAL_USAGE

      -----------------------------------------------------------------

      mytest orders 392.07 MB 194.02 MB 586.09 MB
      tpch1c customer 14.06 MB 258.04 MB 272.10 MB
      tpch1c lineitem 720.12 MB 196.02 MB 916.15 MB
      tpch1c nation 6.03 MB 4.02 MB 10.05 MB
      tpch1c orders 392.07 MB 194.02 MB 586.09 MB
      tpch1c part 16.07 MB 136.05 MB 152.12 MB
      tpch1c partsupp 224.04 MB 128.02 MB 352.05 MB
      tpch1c region 5.02 MB 4.02 MB 9.05 MB
      tpch1c supplier 12.05 MB 8.03 MB 20.09 MB

      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      9 rows in set (0.22 sec)

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            dleeyh Daniel Lee
            Reporter:
            dleeyh Daniel Lee
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

                Git Integration

                Error rendering 'com.xiplink.jira.git.jira_git_plugin:git-issue-webpanel'. Please contact your Jira administrators.