Below are the steps to reproduce the issue,
1. Connect to a server through SSL (Self-signed certificates in my case) without any Cipher.
3. Connecting to the Azure server with SSL gives 'Error No. 2026 Unknown SSL error'
4. Entering a random string as Cipher to the Azure instance connection gives the error 'Error No. 2026 SSL connection error: no cipher match'
5. Now connecting to a normal MySQL server with SSL (self-signed certificate) gives the error 'Error No. 2026 SSL connection error: no cipher match' though earlier it used to connect fine without Cipher.
6. On entering a valid Cipher for the normal MySQL server like 'DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA', the connection works fine.