- a primary/replica cluster with at least one replica
- another server that will be the external replication primary
- use something like
to set up replication between the cluster priamry and the external primary
MASTER_USER and MASTER_PASSWORD should be the same as the ones used for the internal replication between primary and replica
Note the "MASTER_SSL = 1", this is the important part
- start the replication and make sure it works and check the replication status. You should have "Master_SSL_Allowed: Yes"
- perform a manual switchover in maxscale
- check the replication status on the new primary
If the external primary has been setup to only accept SSL connection (like with "require_secure_transport" or "require ssl"), replication will fail.
Same thing happens with failover.