The upstream bug http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=70124
is repeatable with MariaDB-10.0.5.
- Install and start two instances:
MySQL-5.6 for master, and MariaDB-10.0.5 for slave.
Do not start replication at this point.
- On MySQL-5.6 master: create a table with non-fractional temporal fields:
- On MariaDB-10.0.5 slave: create a table with the same structure:
- "Upgrade" master: stop MySQL-5.6 and start MariaDB-10.0.5 on top
of the MySQL-5.6 data directory.
- Configure and start row-based replication between master and slave.
- Start replication
- Insert some data on master:
Slave will fail with this error: