The following statement works in MySQL 8 but does not work in MariaDB 11 or 10.5:
Is this intentional?
Granted, the above SELECT doesn't make much sense but this is a minimal code needed for reproducing this error. I assure you it makes sense in my actual case
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a docker-compose.yml file with the following contents:
2. Run `docker-compose up -d` to pull the images and run the containers
3. Run `docker exec -it mysql mysql -u root -ptest` to enter the MySQL database
4. Execute the above SQL statements - should result in "Empty set (0.01 sec)".
5. Exit the MySQL database
6. Run `docker exec -it mariadb mariadb -u root -ptest` to enter the MariaDB database
7. Execute SQL statements again and it will result in "ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'foo.bar_id' in 'where clause'"
8. Change MySQL version in the docker-compose.yml file to 11.0-rc
9. Run `docker-compose down` to destroy everything
10. Run `docker-compose up -d` again and repeat steps 6 and 7 - same result.