Uploaded image for project: 'MariaDB Server'
  1. MariaDB Server
  2. MDEV-25118

Galera : Crash after node recovery



    • Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • 10.4.18
    • 10.4.19
    • Galera
    • None
    • Debian 10 with official repositories on a KVM VM


      We are using a three node Galera cluster with MariaDB 10.4.18 from official repositories.
      The three nodes are using the same configuration.

      Since some weeks, we are facing some crashes after a node revival.
      It's not reproducable every time unfortunately.
      I don't know the exact version introducing this problem, it happened probably after our migration to 10.4.x)

      I uploaded a crash we had yesterday. The backtrace seems to indicate it's related to table locking.

      How it happened :

      • In the morning we stopped galera01 for some maintenance operations on the underlying host.
      • The cluster was working fine the whole day with only two nodes (galera02 et galera03).
      • When we started again galera01 at 22:50:02, the donor node (galera02) crashed after some seconds.
      • Then, all the three nodes started to crash in a loop until stabilize them after some minutes.

      Some other times, the whole cluster totally crashed and we need to restart it manually.
      The backtrace of the crash is similar to the other cases.

      I can add some more debug messages if needed.

      The full backtrace :

      210310 22:50:03 [ERROR] mysqld got signal 11 ;
      This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
      or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
      or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
      To report this bug, see https://mariadb.com/kb/en/reporting-bugs
      We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
      diagnose the problem, but since we have already crashed, 
      something is definitely wrong and this may fail.
      Server version: 10.4.18-MariaDB-1:10.4.18+maria~buster
      It is possible that mysqld could use up to 
      key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_threads = 353072 K  bytes of memory
      Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.
      Thread pointer: 0x7f9660001268
      Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
      where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
      terribly wrong...
      stack_bottom = 0x7f9824123e08 thread_stack 0x40000
      Trying to get some variables.
      Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort.
      Query (0x0): (null)
      Connection ID (thread ID): 17
      Status: NOT_KILLED
      Optimizer switch: index_merge=on,index_merge_union=on,index_merge_sort_union=on,index_merge_intersection=on,index_merge_sort_intersection=off,engine_condition_pushdown=off,index_condition_pushdown=on,derived_merge=on,derived_with_keys=on,firstmatch=on,loosescan=on,materialization=on,in_to_exists=on,semijoin=on,partial_match_rowid_merge=on,partial_match_table_scan=on,subquery_cache=on,mrr=off,mrr_cost_based=off,mrr_sort_keys=off,outer_join_with_cache=on,semijoin_with_cache=on,join_cache_incremental=on,join_cache_hashed=on,join_cache_bka=on,optimize_join_buffer_size=on,table_elimination=on,extended_keys=on,exists_to_in=on,orderby_uses_equalities=on,condition_pushdown_for_derived=on,split_materialized=on,condition_pushdown_for_subquery=on,rowid_filter=on,condition_pushdown_from_having=on
      The manual page at https://mariadb.com/kb/en/how-to-produce-a-full-stack-trace-for-mysqld/ contains
      information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.
      We think the query pointer is invalid, but we will try to print it anyway. 
      Writing a core file...
      Working directory at /var/lib/mysql
      Resource Limits:
      Limit                     Soft Limit           Hard Limit           Units     
      Max cpu time              unlimited            unlimited            seconds   
      Max file size             unlimited            unlimited            bytes     
      Max data size             unlimited            unlimited            bytes     
      Max stack size            8388608              unlimited            bytes     
      Max core file size        0                    unlimited            bytes     
      Max resident set          unlimited            unlimited            bytes     
      Max processes             38887                38887                processes 
      Max open files            1048576              1048576              files     
      Max locked memory         65536                65536                bytes     
      Max address space         unlimited            unlimited            bytes     
      Max file locks            unlimited            unlimited            locks     
      Max pending signals       38887                38887                signals   
      Max msgqueue size         819200               819200               bytes     
      Max nice priority         0                    0                    
      Max realtime priority     0                    0                    
      Max realtime timeout      unlimited            unlimited            us        
      Core pattern: core


        1. config
          1 kB
        2. galera01.log
          300 kB
        3. galera02.log
          165 kB
        4. galera03.log
          146 kB

        Issue Links



              jplindst Jan Lindström (Inactive)
              yoannl Yoann Laissus
              1 Vote for this issue
              8 Start watching this issue



                Git Integration

                  Error rendering 'com.xiplink.jira.git.jira_git_plugin:git-issue-webpanel'. Please contact your Jira administrators.