btrfs is coming to Fedora 33
Copy on Write file-systems normally aren't great with regard to databases, so lets be prepared for when this happens we need to examine:
- What are performance differences with btrfs compared to ext3/xfs?
- Are the MariaDB options that can assist with performance (disable double write buffer in default)?
- Are there packaging options (like a btrfs subvolume for /var/lib/mysql with specific set of optimized parameters)
- Are separate volumes needed/desired for redo, undo, binlog?
- Can the aspects of the btrfs volume be auto-detected and some auto-tuning of mariadb to its configuration?
- Do features like FIDEDUPERANGE need to be explored for Alter table copy table schematics?
- Is snapshot consistent and suitable as a backup and/or SST mechanism?