MariaDB command-line tools were renamed in 10.5 as part of
MDEV-21303. As part of this, the primary name for mysqld is mariadbd now.
However, it appears that MariaDB's startup scripts were not updated to reflect this change. They all still execute mysqld.
This affects at least the following files:
- mariadb.service.in (systemd unit file) - https://github.com/MariaDB/server/blob/mariadb-10.5.3/support-files/mariadb.service.in#L92
- mariadb@.service.in (multi-instance systemd unit file) - https://github.com/MariaDB/server/blob/mariadb-10.5.3/support-files/mariadb%40.service.in#L209
- mysql.server.sh (sysV init script) - https://github.com/MariaDB/server/blob/mariadb-10.5.3/support-files/mysql.server.sh#L310
- mysqld_safe.sh - https://github.com/MariaDB/server/blob/mariadb-10.5.3/scripts/mysqld_safe.sh#L330
- mysqld_multi.sh - https://github.com/MariaDB/server/blob/mariadb-10.5.3/scripts/mysqld_multi.sh#L33