Uploaded image for project: 'MariaDB Server'
  1. MariaDB Server
  2. MDEV-19539

Assertion failure in file /home/buildbot/buildbot/padding_for_CPACK_RPM_BUILD_SOURCE_DIRS_PREFIX/mariadb-10.3.15/storage/innobase/row/row0merge.cc line 4509



    • Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Major
    • Resolution: Won't Fix
    • 10.3.15
    • 10.6.5
    • None



      After upgrade mariadb 5.5 to mariadb 10.3.15.
      I ran mysqlcheck -A -o and after checking 2 hours mariadb crashed with next log.

      2019-05-21 15:25:21 0x7f0dc9ab5700  InnoDB: Assertion failure in file /home/buildbot/buildbot/padding_for_CPACK_RPM_BUILD_SOURCE_DIRS_PREFIX/mariadb-10.3.15/storage/innobase/row/row0merge.cc line 4509
      InnoDB: Failing assertion: table->get_ref_count() == 0
      InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
      InnoDB: Submit a detailed bug report to https://jira.mariadb.org/
      InnoDB: If you get repeated assertion failures or crashes, even
      InnoDB: immediately after the mysqld startup, there may be
      InnoDB: corruption in the InnoDB tablespace. Please refer to
      InnoDB: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/innodb-recovery-modes/
      InnoDB: about forcing recovery.
      190521 15:25:21 [ERROR] mysqld got signal 6 ;
      This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
      or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
      or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
      To report this bug, see https://mariadb.com/kb/en/reporting-bugs
      We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
      diagnose the problem, but since we have already crashed,
      something is definitely wrong and this may fail.
      Server version: 10.3.15-MariaDB
      It is possible that mysqld could use up to
      key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_threads = 1169834 K  bytes of memory
      Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.
      Thread pointer: 0x56033a84edf8
      Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
      where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
      terribly wrong...
      stack_bottom = 0x7f0dc9ab4d30 thread_stack 0x49000
      *** buffer overflow detected ***: /usr/sbin/mysqld terminated
      ======= Backtrace: =========
      Today After upgrade mariadb 5.5 to mariadb 10.3.15 in openvz container.
      I ran mysqlcheck -A -o  and  after checking 10 seconds mariadb crashed with log (mariadb-host003.log)
      And on another host is the same. 
      mysql.column_stats                                 Table is already up to date
      mysql.columns_priv                                 OK
      mysql.db                                           OK
      mysql.event                                        OK
      mysql.func                                         OK
      note     : Table does not support optimize, doing recreate + analyze instead
      status   : OK
      mysql.help_category                                Table is already up to date
      mysql.help_keyword                                 Table is already up to date
      mysql.help_relation                                Table is already up to date
      mysql.help_topic                                   Table is already up to date
      mysql.host                                         OK
      mysql.index_stats                                  Table is already up to date
      mysqlcheck: Got error: 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when executing 'OPTIMIZE TABLE ... '


        1. mariadb.log.bad
          77 kB
          David L
        2. mariadb-host003.log
          19 kB
          David L
        3. mariadb-host003.var
          18 kB
          David L
        4. var.mariadb
          18 kB
          David L

        Issue Links



              marko Marko Mäkelä
              mdb David L
              0 Vote for this issue
              3 Start watching this issue



                Git Integration

                  Error rendering 'com.xiplink.jira.git.jira_git_plugin:git-issue-webpanel'. Please contact your Jira administrators.