I have two tables that I merge through a Python program:
The selection is done using Teltec.Prislista.Typ the data is merged to Teltec.Ror.
This has been working fine for both Swedish and Ryssian letters when data is inserted with INSERT INTO command for both tables.
Then I loaded data using a csv file. Then my python 2.7 sorting program did not select types with Russian and Swedish letters due to mismatch between the tables.
The data stored are simply diffrent ! I see this as a MariaDB inconsistency.
I have enclosed:
prislista.txt Table Prislista using -e "select * from Prislista"
lager.txt Table Lager using -e "select * from Lager"
prislista.csv csv file loaded
prislista.sql sql commands for loading table Prislista.
sqldump.sql Dumped database where sensitive data is removed.
Ror.py Data sorting python program
Compare prislista.txt and lager.txt, for rows containing Russian and Swedish letters does not look ok. This is why the python program failes to get a match.
Using MySQL 5.7 I got the data sorting to work for Russian and Swedish letters by adding the following lines in prislista.sql:
SET NAMES 'utf8';
SET CHARACTER SET utf8;
SET SESSION collation_connection = 'utf8_unicode_ci';
This does NOT make a change for MariaDB.