Since migrating to 10.1.18. We are unable to get replication working. The root cause is either that mysql dump is not exporting all the rows or the row based replication is broken.
We create a mysqldump with --master-data and --single-transaction copy it to the slave, sets the correct master position and restarts.
We also tried to use innobackupex to create a snapshot copy to the slave and let it start.
What we are seeing is that as soon as the replication starts it fails with errors like this
I tried to do a mysqlbinlog inspection of mariadb-bin.000615 and found the offending row. it refers to a payment row that is being updated. However the primary key below 1027178 is not seen in the mysql dump file but it is available on the master. Note that the master is one of 3 running in a galera based replication.
We are using ROW based replication. This used to work correctly when we were on 10.0.20-25 versions.