Wish list of changes to the Buildbot web interface.
This can be split into different tasks if some tasks require a lot
of time to get done or require more discussions.
- Main page:
- https://buildbot.mariadb.org is probably only useful for
someone maintaining buildbot.
Better to move this to a new page "Builders" and as landing page use
something more close to:
We definitely want to have direct links to builds for 10.2, 10.3... and
all major pages for buildbot.
- Grid view:
- Remove tags from each row and add tags that can be checked/unchecked on top
of the page. We want to be able to see as many builds as possible
on each row
- Add revid and tree to the header of build column. These are very important
to get an idea what is building and to find your commit. See
- When clicking on a build header, you get first a screen with 'author' and
other things for 1/2 second and then you get moved to the git commit.
This is annoying, remove the in between screen!
- Grid view doesn't show all builds
- Shows a lot of builders
- Shows only a few. Should show all
- (Rasmus suggestion): Preserve the branch dropdown so that branches can be easily switched.
- Build view
- When clicking on a test, you have all mysqld.err.1 files there which takes
up a lot of space. Can you get this folded/hidden so that you have to
click on a 'error files' to see all of them? Same thing you do now
- Old buildbot did show the failing test (Search after "Failing
test(s) in the output") in the header if something fails. Please add
this information to the (8) 'test' header! Would be good to also
add for this to each failed build on the grid screen (at least 80
characters of information!)