We migrated our application from Mariadb 10.1 to 10.3. After a while, the disk was full. We noticed that the disk usage for a table is extremly high considering there are very few if any rows in it. This Table contains rows with large blobs which are deleted after a short time.
This can be reproduced with a simple Test. I tested it with Version 10.3.12, 10.4.13 and 10.5.4.
Below is the output from 10.1.45 where the Problem doesn‘t exists.
Even if you wait and do more tests with the same table, it will continue to grow.
This ist the output from the innodb checksum
The Testcase with Mariadb 10.1 is the same but with an unrolled For loop.
The File is never big: