Updating MariaDB brakes (wrecks a havoc) of digiKam access to MYSQL. Full clean installarion of MariaDB needed yet DB is gone - happened many times this fall - lost DB few times :/ :/ :/
No remedy other than start from 0 with DB!!
1. Wanted to update/reinstall MariaDB as I wanted to change MYSQL as a service to common process.
2. MYSQL as process (not service) seems to be much more stable:
- it quits when DB usage stops
- does not auto-start with SYS
- mysql.exe as process starts and stops with DB apps (such as digiKam)
- mysql.exe RAM consumption very LOW when process
- mysql.exe RAM consumption very HIGH when service
Upgrade needs to work without loosing DB!