i discovered a bug when using the storage-engine ARIA with row_format=FIXED. we use this combination for an efficient storage of a highly partioned table with more than 4*10^9 rows.
after migration from mariadb 10.1 to 10.2 our import was broken because of
my first thought was that it is a problem related to partitioning (we create a new partition every month and first occurence of the problem was on the same day).
i started a clean rebuild of the complete database, but the error remains and already occured during the import.
after playing around with the create-statement i detected that this problem is not related to partitioning but to the row_format.
our table definition is not very complex
when we now insert data into this table, then the table is full after the fourth multi-insert-statement (1MB sql per statement ).
"show table status" now shows
you will note that max_data_length is a small value
and "check table" reports
we now reverted the database to current release of mariadb 10.1 and after reimport everything was ok again.
"show table" in 10.1 reports for the table